24 November 2009

Blogging as a learning experience

As a first-time-blogger I have gained a totally new experience. When we started I had no idea where this process would lead. I learned that blogging (at least for this course purpose) required overall planning, background work, structuring your thoughts, techniques and thinking about how to make it easy-to-read and appealing for the readers.

However the most striking discovery was that blogging is sharing information AND opinions IN dialogue. It sounds simple, but it means a lot. It’s not enough if I just write a great summary of history with some links. In addition I have to find an interesting point of view and write it short and sweet that someone is willing to sacrifice their time to read it. Then starts the two-way communication part. Someone comments my post and I want to comment in a way that provides value for the dialogue.

I’m grateful that we kind of had a ready made virtual community with motivation (or Kaja’s order ;) ) to interact. I learned a lot from others’ comments and commenting others. One-way communication would have felt very poor. So thank you my blogmates.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Av been looking for this
I need to talk to u